For several years my husband and I lead Intercessory Prayer at our local church. Even before that time we served on prayers teams. Over the years and even now, I am asked how does one war at home?
– How do I get in that mode?
– I have so much going on, people live with me and their lifestyle isn’t like mine. How do I regain spiritual control over the atmosphere of my home or workplace?
– There’s a darkness that has entered my home but I feel so weak against it.
You’d be surprised (possibly) how many times over the years. Truth is there are many ways to answer that question and typically I’d speak at length with the person. But I’ll give you a few steps to take that are simple, effective and have gotten results for me. I’ve even emailed this to several people over time to help them in warfare.
But before we dive in, there are a few things I strongly admonish you to do prior to going into warfare.
1. Repent (acknowledge to God and turn away) from any sin you are involved in.
2. If you are living with a boyfriend or girlfriend, the best warfare is to get your house in order. They need to leave. Please don’t expect to fight something you told to come in through disobedience.
3. #2 is one area of disobedience. But there are others. Identify how you may be living contrary to God’s Word.
4. Disobedience isn’t the only reason but obedience is one of the first areas to address. Obedience of all kinds.
5. Humble your heart, forgive others… really talk to God and clear some things up between you and Him.
6. In the Bible, it was customary for an army General to inquire of the Lord PRIOR to GOING to war. Meaning asking if they should go… and how to approach the enemy. So make sure you do. The Lord may tell you to be still and worship!
Or you may proceed with active engagement.
1. Declare and command that the enemy cannot take ANYTHING from you or your family. Declare that you all shall retain and yes even increase in strength, power and anointing.
2. Declare out loud warfare scriptures. Examples: Psalm 27:1-3/ Psalm 91:5-9/ Psalm 91:10-13 All in the name of Jesus.
3. Command the enemy to completely leave you and your family and not return.
4. Declare that all doors, portals and gates that allows the enemy access to be closed and sealed with the blood of Jesus. He is not allowed access to you or your family anymore.
5. Release Angelic protection, ministry and covering in the name of Jesus.
6. Declare that you and family are cleansed by the blood of Jesus from all residue of the enemy’s attacks.
7. Declare that there is a fiery impenetrable hedge of protection around you and your family in the name of Jesus.
8. Seal the prayer by asking God to cover any other areas that you are not aware of and to cover those areas in the blood of Jesus.
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked came against me To eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell. 3 Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me, In this I will be confident.
(You can read the rest of the chapter)
91 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”
3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler aAnd from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler. 5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day, 6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you. 8 Only with your eyes shall you look, And see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; 11 For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways. 12 In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone. 13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot. 14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name.15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.16 With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.”